Do you know a thing or two about the past?
Would you consider yourself an amateur historian? Or are you obsessed with documentaries on the events that shaped our world?
Here at KwizzBit HQ, we love history trivia, and we know you do too. So we’ve written 50 history quiz questions and answers for you to brush up on your trivia, whether it’s for fun, or to help you win your next quiz night.
This history quiz will take you from Ancient Rome to Tudor England, and all the way to the modern day. So if you know who discovered penicillin, what boats Vikings used, and the year the Berlin wall fell, you’re in with a good chance of getting all 50 of these questions correct.
When you’re done, we’ve got plenty more topics for you including movie quiz questions, TV quiz questions, music quiz questions and sport quiz questions. Plus there’s the ultimate general knowledge quiz waiting for you too if you’re up for it.
But first, let’s see how well you get on with this history trivia.
Good luck, and remember, it’s not all horrible!
History Quiz Questions and Answers
- How many wives did Henry VIII have?
- Francisco Franco ruled which European country from 1939 to 1975?
- What type of boats did the Vikings use when exploring and raiding?
- In what year was the Concorde’s first flight?
- Which country did Germany invade to kickstart World War II?
- What language was spoken in Ancient Rome?
- Who discovered penicillin?
- In what year did Pakistan gain independence from the UK?
- In Ancient Rome, what was a thermae?
- Who is said to be so beautiful that her face launched a thousand ships?
- Which US state was an independent country from 1777 to 1791?
- Who is known as the ‘Father of Medicine’?
- Which 3 countries made up the Triple Entente in World War I?
- In what year did the Berlin Wall fall?
- The First Opium War was fought between Great Britain and which other country?
- Who were the first 2 men to reach Mount Everest’s summit?
- The Hindenburg Disaster involved what type of German airship?
- How long was Queen Victoria’s reign?
- Who is credited with inventing the telephone?
- What was the name of Nazi Germany’s official secret police?
- In what year was the Magna Carta signed?
- Which English king was defeated at the Battle of Hastings?
- Who is the only British Prime Minister to have been assassinated?
- How many years did the Hundred Years’ War last?
- In which French city was Joan of Arc burnt at the stake?
- Who was the last Tsar of Russia?
- Mount Vesuvius erupted and destroyed Pompeii in what year?
- Who served as Lord Protector of England once the English Civil War finished in 1651?
- Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in which US state?
- Boudicca was a Celtic tribal leader who fought the vikings. True or false?
- In what year did the French Revolution start?
- Which British Prime Minister came right before Margaret Thatcher?
- What is Johannes Gutenberg credited with inventing?
- What was the capital city of the Incan Empire?
- Who was the first human to travel into space?
- Which international agreement to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions was implemented in 2005?
- Pol Pot was the leader of which radical regime?
- Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Raphael all belong to which historical art period?
- How old was Princess Diana when she died?
- Who was the first President of the United States?
- Which country was ruled by Shoguns from 1185 to 1868?
- Who served as the final leader of the Soviet Union?
- What name is given to the deep ditch filled with water that often surrounded castles?
- How many years did Prohibition last in the US?
- The War of the Roses was fought between which 2 royal houses?
- In what year was the Hubble Space Telescope launched into space?
- Which Caribbean country played a key role in The Missile Scare during the Cold War?
- What was the final battle of the Napoleonic Wars?
- Which space mission were Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin a part of?
- Which President of the United States abolished slavery?
- Alexander Fleming
- Public baths
- Helen of Troy
- Great Britain, France & Russia
- Sir Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgay
- A zeppelin
- 63 years, 7 months, 2 days
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Harold Godwinson
- Spencer Perceval (in 1812)
- Nicolas II
- 79 AD
- Oliver Cromwell
- False, she fought the Romans
- James Callaghan
- The printing press
- Yuri Gagarin
- Kyoto Protocol
- Khmer Rouge
- 36 years old
- George Washington
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- A moat
- House of York & House of Lancaster
- The Battle of Waterloo
- Apollo 11
- Abraham Lincoln
More history quizzes:
You may also like:
• General knowledge quiz questions and answers
• TV quiz questions and answers
• Music quiz questions and answers
• Sport quiz questions and answers
• Harry Potter quiz questions and answers
• Star Wars quiz questions and answers
• Friends quiz questions and answers