On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a big Christmas music quiz for all to play and see.
And that’s exactly what we’ve written for you here. Because let’s face it, the holiday season is dominated by Christmas-themed bangers.
Spotify’s playlists are filled with anthems old and new. Every shop, cafe and public space plays festive tunes on repeat. They even find their way into your home through the TV and radio, whether you like it or not.
Now feels like a good time for you to take on these Christmas music quiz questions and answers. It’s 50 questions long, and consists of the classics, the most over-played, the love-to-hates, and of course, a few hits from the Modern King of Christmas who should be defrosting as we speak. You know who we’re talking about.
Grab your friends and family, or play solo to see how good your Christmas music trivia is. Or, host a festive quiz for your work colleagues (we can help with this too if you’re in need of a holly jolly quiz event)!
There are also a couple more trivia gifts for you to unwrap when you’ve finished this quiz. Start with our Christmas movie quiz questions, before moving on to our big festive Christmas quiz!
But for now, let’s see if you know your Frank Sinatra from your Mariah Carey.
Christmas Music Quiz Questions and Answers
- What was Brenda Lee doing around the Christmas tree?
- In which song is there a snowman named Parson Brown?
- In the Chris de Burgh song, who came travelling?
- According to the song, what do you deck the halls with?
- Who sang ‘Last Christmas’?
- According to Frank Sinatra, what is the weather like outside?
- Which Christmas song backed a famous dance scene in the hit film Mean Girls?
- Who wished it could be Christmas everyday?
- ‘Christmas in Hollis’ was released by which hip hop group in 1987?
- Which Christmas song begins with the lyric: “Hey, Mr. Churchill comes over here”?
- What did my true love send to me on the 6th day of Christmas?
- ‘Stay Another Day’ was a Christmas number one for which boyband?
- Which song was the Christmas number one in 1975 and again in 1991?
- What is the worldwide best-selling Christmas song of all time?
- ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas?’ was a charity song to raise money for which African country?
- Name the Christmas number one single from this lyric: “I know I stand in line until you think you have the time to spend an evening with me”.
- Who released ‘Lonely This Christmas’ in 1975?
- What were the boys of the NYPD choir singing in ‘Fairytale of New York’?
- Which Rage Against the Machine song was the Christmas number one in 2009?
- How many front teeth do I want for Christmas?
- Which member of The Beatles wrote ‘Wonderful Christmastime’?
- Who wrote ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’?
- According to the song, how many times does Santa Claus check his list?
- Who released ‘Santa Tell Me’ in 2014?
- ‘Driving Home for Christmas’ was written by Chris Rea on a drive back to which UK city?
- Who released the 2011 album ‘Under the Mistletoe’?
- In what year did Al Martino have the first official UK Christmas number one hit with ‘Here In My Heart’?
- What was the name of Leona Lewis’ 2013 Christmas album?
- What does Mariah Carey want for Christmas?
- In what year was ‘Mr. Blobby’ the UK Christmas number one?
- Girls Aloud had the 2002 Christmas number one with which hit single?
- According to the song, Santa Claus is gonna find out whether you’re what?
- Which artist is the only one to have 4 consecutive UK Christmas number one singles?
- In what year did Slade release ‘Merry Xmas Everybody’?
- ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ was first introduced in which musical?
- Gary Jules had a Christmas number one with ‘Mad World’ in what year?
- Whitney Houston’s ‘I Will Always Love You’ held the number one for how many weeks?
- Bob the Builder’s ‘Can We Fix It?’ was a Christmas number one. True or false?
- Which artist sang ‘Mistletoe and Wine’?
- How many ‘las’ are after the ‘fa’ in ‘Deck the Halls’?
- Which American rapper released a hip hop cover version of ‘You’re a Mean One, Mr Grinch’ in 2018?
- How many Christmas number ones did the Spice Girls have?
- According to the song, who was a ‘jolly happy soul’?
- According to the Christmas classic, what are ‘roasting on an open fire’?
- Which Hollywood movie did the classic, ‘White Christmas’, first appear in?
- Which artist sang ‘Blue Christmas’?
- ‘One More Sleep’ is a song recorded by which British singer?
- In 1965, which Christmas song did astronauts play from space?
- What is the name of Michael Buble’s Christmas album?
- In which Christmas song is Santa encouraged to ‘hurry down the chimney tonight’?
- Winter Wonderland
- A spaceman
- Boughs of holly
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Stop the Cavalry – Jona Lewie
- 6 geese-a-laying
- East 17
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
- White Christmas
- Somethin’ Stupid – Frank & Nancy Sinatra
- Galway Bay
- Killing In The Name
- Paul McCartney
- Bob Geldof and Midge Ure
- Ariana Grande
- Justin Bieber
- Christmas, with Love
- Sound of the Underground
- Naughty or nice
- Meet Me In St Louis
- Cliff Richard
- Tyler the Creator
- 3 (2 Become 1, Too Much & Goodbye)
- Frosty the Snowman
- Holiday Inn
- Elvis Presley
- Leona Lewis
- Jingle Bells
- Santa Baby
You may also like:
• Christmas quiz questions and answers
• Christmas movie quiz questions and answers