A good general knowledge quiz has a lot to offer. They’re fun, keep your brain sharp and best of all, they suit any occasion.
Bored? Do a quiz.
Hanging with friends? Go head-to-head.
At the pub? Work together to answer questions.
Having a meeting? Put Powerpoint away and test your colleagues.
Here at KwizzBit HQ, we recognise the universal power of trivia. We’ve even made it our mission to get as many people quizzing as we possibly can. That’s why we’ve compiled 50 of the best general knowledge quiz questions and answers for you to answer yourself or play with others.
So if you know a little bit of everything from history to movies, and music to sport, then you’ve got a good chance of acing this general knowledge quiz. And when you’ve finished, we’ve added taster questions and links to other quiz topics you might enjoy at the bottom of the page.
How many can you get right?
General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- What does KFC stand for?
- What street does the British prime minister live on?
- Mycology is the study of what?
- In what year did the Berlin Wall fall?
- Which TV show features Tommy Shelby, Alfie Solomons and Luca Changretta?
- Who founded Amazon?
- What is Batman’s butler called?
- Jimmy Page formed which rock band?
- On what date is Independence Day in the USA?
- What is a female donkey called?
- In Greek mythology, who was the father of Zeus?
- What is the currency of Denmark?
- Arachnophobia is the fear of what?
- Which volcano destroyed the city of Pompeii?
- Alastair Cook plays which sport?
- Who wrote ‘The Hunger Games’?
- Which car manufacturer’s badge features a cross and a snake?
- An optometrist specialises in treating which part of the human body?
- What is the tallest building in the world?
- Who is Liverpool Airport named after?
- Hund is the German word for which animal?
- In the TV show ‘Friends’, what doesn’t Joey share?
- How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
- Tom Cruise is a follower of which religion?
- What kind of word reads the same backwards and forwards?
- ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ is a novel by which author?
- The Great Red Spot is a storm on which planet?
- Which football club plays its home games at Craven Cottage?
- How many lines are there in a sonnet?
- Which band had a UK number one hit in 1979 with ‘Message in a Bottle’?
- Fe is the chemical symbol for which element?
- In what year did the French Revolution begin?
- What is the holy book of Judaism?
- Desdemona, Iago and Cassio are all characters in which Shakespeare play?
- What does USB stand for?
- Who was the Chancellor of Germany from 2005 to 2021?
- Osteoporosis is a condition that weakens which parts of the human body?
- According to Beyonce, what did Becky have?
- Which major river runs through the English city of Nottingham?
- What is the tiger called in Yann Martel’s ‘Life of Pi’?
- Whose assassination led to the beginning of World War One?
- What animal features in the logo for the World Wildlife Fund?
- In what year was The Gunpowder Plot?
- Which sea borders the north of Turkey?
- Who voices Bowser in ‘The Super Mario Bros. Movie’?
- Digbeth and Edgbaston are suburbs of which British city?
- How many chambers does the human heart have?
- In which sport is the Stanley Cup contested?
- Which US agency has the motto “Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity”?
- Apache, Chinook and Black Hawk are types of what military vehicle?
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Downing Street
- Peaky Blinders
- Jeff Bezos
- Led Zeppelin
- July 4th
- A jenny
- Danish Krone
- Mount Vesuvius
- Suzanne Collins
- Alfa Romeo
- Burj Khalifa
- John Lennon
- Stieg Larsson
- Fulham F.C.
- The Police
- Universal serial bus
- Angela Merkel
- Good hair
- River Trent
- Richard Parker
- Franz Ferdinand
- Black Sea
- Jack Black
- Ice hockey
Are you hungry for more trivia? Our mission to get as many people quizzing as possible doesn’t stop here. Far from it.
Below you’ll find links to more general knowledge quizzes, as well as specialist quizzes covering some of the most popular and exciting quiz topics on planet Earth.
Movie Quiz Questions and Answers
- Who directed ‘Pulp Fiction’?
- What is the Russian boxer Rocky fights in Rocky IV called?
- How many billboards were outside Ebbing, Missouri?
- What was the first movie released in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
- Leonardo DiCaprio won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in which film?
- Quentin Tarantino
- Ivan Drago
- Iron Man
- The Revenant
More movie quiz questions and answers
Music Quiz Questions and Answers
- Who had hits with ‘Firework’ and ‘I Kissed a Girl’?
- Dave Grohl is the frontman for which rock band?
- Prince recorded the soundtrack to which 1989 movie?
- Kaiser Chiefs formed in which UK city?
- What was Adele’s debut album called?
- Katy Perry
- Foo Fighters
More music quiz questions and answers
TV Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is the name of Michael Knight’s talking car in ‘Knight Rider’?
- How many children does Homer Simpson have?
- What was Del Boy and Rodney Trotter’s local pub called?
- Which country did Chandler tell Janice he was moving to so he could break up with her in ‘Friends’?
- What is the first game played in ‘Squid Game’?
- K. I. T. T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand)
- Three; Bart, Lisa and Maggie
- The Nag’s Head
- Red Light, Green Light
More TV quiz questions and answers
Sport Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is zero points in tennis known as?
- What was Muhammad Ali’s birth name?
- Who is the Premier League’s all time goalscorer?
- Which team did Michael Jordan spent the majority of his NBA career with?
- El Clásico is a football match contested between which 2 teams?
- Cassius Clay
- Alan Shearer
- Chicago Bulls
- Real Madrid & Barcelona
More sport quiz questions and answers
History Quiz Questions and Answers
- Benito Mussolini was a dictator who ruled which European country?
- In what year was the Battle of Hastings?
- Who invented the lightbulb?
- The Great Fire of London started in a bakery. True or false?
- What title was given to the rulers of Ancient Egypt?
- Thomas Edison
More history quiz questions and answers
Geography Quiz Questions and Answers
- In which ocean are the Galapagos Islands?
- What is the world’s most populated continent?
- How many English counties are there?
- Brisbane is located in which Australian state?
- What is the only country to share a land border with Denmark?
- Pacific Ocean
More geography quiz questions and answers
Capital Cities Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is the capital of Northern Ireland?
- What is the capital of Thailand?
- Washington, D.C. is located in the state of Washington. True or false?
- What is the capital of Czech Republic?
- What is the capital of Morocco?
More capital cities quiz questions and answers
True or False Quiz Questions and Answers
- Pablo Picasso was Spanish.
- Blackburn Rovers have never won the Premier League.
- Totodile is a first generation Pokemon.
- Mozambique’s national flag has an AK-47 on it.
- Richard Osman wrote ‘The Thursday Murder Club’.
- False – Blackburn won the title in the 1994-95 season.
- False – Totodile is second generation.
More true or false quiz questions and answers
Animal Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is a group of crows called?
- Which country are wombats native to?
- What is the national animal of Scotland?
- The Merino is a breed of which animal?
- What is a baby horse known as?
- A murder
More animal quiz questions and answers
Food and Drink Quiz Questions and Answers
- What does IPA stand for?
- “Eat Fresh” is the slogan for which fast food chain?
- What type of rice is traditionally used to make risotto?
- Wensleydale cheese is commonly made with which fruit?
- What are aubergines referred to as in North America?
- India Pale Ale
More food and drink quiz questions and answers
Harry Potter Quiz Questions and Answers
- What number on Privet Drive do the Dursleys live on?
- Who played Lord Voldemort?
- What did Professor Quirrell release into the dungeon?
- What did Harry see in the Mirror of Erised?
- How many students does the Goblet of Fire pick for the Triwizard Tournament?
- Ralph Fiennes
- A troll
- His parents
- 4 (Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory & Harry Potter)
More Harry Potter quiz questions and answers
Friends Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is Ross’ son called?
- How is Joey killed off on ‘Days of Our Lives’?
- Where does Rachel get her first job?
- Who sings the Friends theme tune?
- What doesn’t Joey share?
- Falls down an elevator shaft
- Central Perk
- The Rembrandts
More Friends quiz questions and answers
Star Wars Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is Luke Skywalker’s home planet called?
- Who is Boba Fett’s father?
- What material was Han Solo frozen in?
- Who directed ‘Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens’?
- What colour was Mace Windu’s lightsaber?
- Jango Fett
- J. J. Abrams
More Star Wars quiz questions and answers