Are you ready to tee-off with our golfing trivia?
Will it be a hole-in-one, or will your performance be under par?
Regardless, we think you’ll love these golf quiz questions and answers. Allegedly dating back to the 15th century and possibly earlier, the game of golf has traditionally embodied the virtues of patience and holding one’s nerve.
Now a truly international sport, the game of golf is favoured as a leisurely past-time for the socially-oriented, with beautiful stretches of golfing greens found on every corner of the globe.
This quiz features 50 questions and 50 answers on all things golf, from the kings and queens of the game to facts and statistics which will have you scratching your head. We hope you brought your thinking cap!
And, if you’re feeling ready for a victory lap, why not test your knowledge with the ultimate sport quiz!
So sit back, relax, and get ready to put your golf knowledge to the test.
Golf Quiz Questions and Answers
- A hole score of one stroke under par is known as a what?
- Eldrick Tont Woods is known by what nickname?
- The Masters Tournament is played in which US city and state?
- In which country was Rory McIlroy born?
- What is the name of the biennial men’s golfing competition played between teams from Europe and the USA?
- The modern game of golf originated in Scotland. True or False?
- In what month is The Open Championship typically played?
- Turnberry Golf Course in Ayrshire, Scotland, is owned by which American billionaire?
- In golf, what type of clothing are Plus Fours?
- What is the term for the person who carries the golfer’s bag and clubs?
- Golf featured at the 1900 and 1904 Olympics, however it was withdrawn from the 1908 Olympics. It was reinstated as an Olympic sport for which 21st century Olympic games?
- Who plays the ice-hockey-player-turned-golfer in 1996 comedy film ‘Happy Gilmore’?
- The WGC-HSBC Champions golf tournament is held in which country?
- In which competition would one win the Claret Jug?
- What is the colour of the jacket won by a Masters golf champion?
- What is the name for the sand traps that are placed throughout a golf course?
- In what year was the first Solheim Cup held?
- What is the nationality of professional golfer Juli Inkster?
- Which South African golfer won the Women’s Open in 2022?
- English golfer Emily Hall was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 2019 for services to golf. True or False?
- Who was the first Spanish golfer to win the US Open?
- Which women’s major tournament takes place in France?
- Which British golfer won the Olympic gold medal in the men’s individual discipline in 2016?
- In US dollars, what was the total purse for the DP World Tour Championship?
- British professional golfer Luke Donald is one of a few golfers who has been ranked number one in the Official World Golf Ranking without winning a major. True or false?
- As of 2022, which is the first major tournament in the women’s professional golf calendar?
- The Ryder Cup was cancelled in 2001 and moved to which year due to the 9/11 terrorist attack in the USA?
- Which professional golfer goes by the nickname ‘Lefty’?
- What is the name of the golf club located south-west of the English city of Durham, next to an Anglo-Saxon castle?
- The Junior Open Championship is played in which format: stroke play or match play?
- Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki was engaged to which professional golfer in 2014?
- Prior to winning 10 LPGA major championships, Babe Didrikson won how many gold medals in track and field at the 1932 Olympics?
- The 2023 Women’s PGA Championship is sponsored by which international auditing company?
- The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) was established in what year?
- In what year did Muirfield Golf Club, Scotland, overturn its ban on female membership?
- The PGA Tour video game by EA Sports was endorsed by which golfer from 1998 until 2013?
- In which film did actor Shia LaBeouf play Francis Ouimet, the first amateur golfer to win the U.S. Open?
- The LIV professional golf tour gets its name from Roman numerals ‘LIV’. But what number do the Roman numerals ‘LIV’ represent?
- What animal interrupted play during the Valspar Championship’s final round in March 2023?
- Prior to her divorce, professional golfer and television broadcaster Dottie Pepper competed under what surname between the years 1988-1995?
- Which British university named their sport centre after professional golfer Lee Westwood?
- Inbee Park won the women’s individual golf discipline at the 2016 Olympics. Which country did she represent?
- In which country will the Solheim Cup be held in 2026?
- In Gee Chun won the 2022 Women’s PGA Championship by what margin?
- Who was the first president of the Ladies Professional Golf Association?
- Lydia Ko has won two Olympic medals in golf, but what colours are they?
- Which Scottish golfer captained the European Solheim Cup team to victory in 2019 and 2021?
- In grams, how much should a golf ball weigh to the nearest tenth to be used in recognised tournaments?
- Anahita Golf Course (Mauritius) and Whiskey Creek (USA) are both golf courses designed by which professional golfer?
- The 2032 Olympics will host golf at which Brisbane-based golf club?
- Augusta, Georgia
- Northern Ireland
- Ryder Cup
- Donald Trump
- Breeches or Trousers
- Adam Sandler
- The Open Championship/British Open
- Ashleigh Buhai
- Jon Rahm
- The Evian Championship
- Justin Rose
- 10 million USD
- The Chevron Championship
- Phil Mickelson
- Brancepeth Castle Golf Club
- Stroke play
- Rory McIlroy
- Tiger Woods
- The Greatest Game Ever Played (2005)
- A squirrel
- Nottingham Trent University
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- One stroke
- Patty Berg
- Silver and Bronze
- Catriona Matthew
- 45.9 grams
- Ernie Els
- The Royal Queensland Golf Club
Other sport quizzes:
• Sport quiz questions and answers
• Football quiz questions and answers
• FIFA World Cup quiz questions and answers
• Boxing quiz questions and answers
• Cricket quiz questions and answers
• Tennis quiz questions and answers
• WWE quiz questions and answers