Do you consider yourself a bit of a boffin? Maybe an egghead, mastermind or the ultimate whizz at quizzes?
Finding a general knowledge quiz to truly test your limits can be somewhat challenging. If you have tried all the trivia that there is to find and you’re still coming up top trumps, it is definitely time to turn towards our 50 hard quiz questions and answers.
In this quiz we have an extremely broad range – beginning with geography, these questions continue to ask you about many topics such as astronomy, history, sport, music, biology, chemistry, popular culture, and more!
And, when you’re done, feel free to cool your brain down with our general knowledge quiz questions. They’re not quite as tricky, but they’re still extremely fun!
This is the quiz to end all quizzes, the truest test of your boundless knowledge.
So, what are you waiting for? It is time to earn the title of quiz master!
Hard Quiz Questions and Answers
- What is the name of the oldest lake in the world?
- Where on the body would one find the orbit?
- How many rings does the planet Saturn have?
- What type of tree is pictured on the Lebanese flag?
- How old was Queen Victoria when she died?
- How many Tour de France victories do Jacques Anquetil, Eddy Merckx, Bernard Hinault, and Miguel Indurain each hold?
- British ski jumper ‘Eddie the Eagle’ first represented Great Britain at the 1987 World Championships. In which country was the championship held?
- The pitaya fruit is more commonly known by what English name?
- Who surpassed Elon Musk as the richest person in the world in 2023 on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
- In which mountain range is the source of the River Severn?
- Over 90% of blood plasma is water. True or false?
- Eboracum was the Roman name for which English city?
- Ash, Tracey, Brock and Mist are all characters in which anime and manga series?
- Who was the sixth president of the United States?
- Which Australian cricket ground is commonly known as the Gabba?
- What is the nickname of Luton Town Football Club?
- Which New York City pub is considered an important part of the gay liberation movement in the USA after it was raided by police in 1969?
- E=mc² is Einstein’s famous formula for what theory?
- Pakistan borders which four countries?
- Along with Melilla, which other Spanish autonomous city on the north coast of Africa borders Morocco?
- Which actor plays the character Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix series Stranger Things?
- Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver was born and raised in which British county?
- According to Greek mythology, who was the god of fire and blacksmiths?
- Who wrote the fantasy novel American Gods?
- In what year did the French revolution begin?
- What is the national animal of Germany?
- China is the world’s largest exporter of rice. True or false?
- How many stars are on the flag of New Zealand?
- What is the term for the husk that surrounds the coffee fruit?
- Excluding Russia, which country is the most populated in Europe?
- Which composer wrote Messiah?
- What is the chemical symbol for Tungsten?
- The guitarist of rock band Mötley Crüe, Robert Alan Deal, is professionally known as what?
- The dwarf planet Pluto has five moons: Charon, Styx, Nix, Hydra and Kerberos. Which moon was the most recent to be discovered?
- Who painted The Scream in 1893?
- Which waterfall is the highest above sea level in the world?
- Ye Olde Fighting Cocks is said to be the oldest pub in England, but in which city is it located?
- Who is the only British prime minister to have received the Nobel Prize in Literature?
- In which African country would you find the Orapa diamond mine?
- In what year did the Ottoman Empire officially end?
- Coccinella is the Latin term for what common beetle?
- In what year did The Bahamas gain independence from Great Britain?
- Aconcagua is the tallest mountain in the Andes Range. True or false?
- Which dinosaur is characterised by its large, bony dome on top of its skull?
- At which Olympics did women’s boxing make its official Olympic debut?
- Which English philosopher wrote ‘Leviathan’ in 1651?
- Which British cathedral is known for its central octagonal tower?
- In Celsius, what is the melting point of gold?
- What is the largest species of owl in the world?
- What is the capital of Tajikistan?
- Lake Baikal
- Eye (the socket)
- Cedar tree
- Dragon Fruit
- Bernard Arnault
- Cambrian Mountains
- John Quincy Adams
- Brisbane Cricket Ground
- The Hatters
- Stonewall Inn
- Special theory of relativity
- India, Afghanistan, Iran and China
- Caleb McLaughlin
- Neil Gaiman
- The Federal Eagle
- False – it is India
- George Frideric Handel
- Mick Mars
- Edvard Munch
- Angel Falls, Venezuela
- St. Albans
- Winston Churchill
- London 2012
- Thomas Hobbes
- Ely Cathedral
- 1064 degrees Celsius
- Blakiston’s Fish Owl
Did you enjoy these hard quiz questions and answers?
Test your friends, family, or yourself with one of our other mind bending quizzes.
Other general knowledge quizzes: